Are you keen to watch aerobatic flying displays, go close or into luxury personal (like Jackie Chan’s Legacy 650), commercial and military planes? Look no further, the biannual Singapore Airshow 2012 is back this February.
Inaugural in 2008, The Singapore Airshow is the largest aerospace and defence event in Asia and among the world’s Top 3 aviation events.
Singapore Airshow 2012
Venue: Changi Exhibition Centre
Date: 14 to 19 February 2012
18 and 19 February 2012 9:30am to 5pm
Children (aged 12 and below)- $8
Family Package- S$120 (4 entries & 1 car park label)
Participants for Flying Display
RSAF, Singapore, F.16C + F-15G
RAAF, Australia, Roulettes
Blair Aerosports, Australia, Rebel 300
RMAF, Malaysia, Smokey Bandits
- Up to 10,000 people expected to throng when open to public
- Interior exhibition space of 50,000m2, 25% increased from 2010
- About 900 exhibitors from 50 countries, with 20 pavilions (set up first time)
- Over 65 aircraft will be shown like Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner, Falcon 7X, Phenom 300 and Republic of Singapore Air Force’s (RSAF) F15 and F16 fighter jets
- 30% new exhibitors like Japan and Ukraine
- Crowds controlling is crucial, number of queue lanes at gateway increased to about 30
- More vehicle lanes open up for driver
- Visitor are strongly encouraged to use public transport to reach Changi Airport Terminal 3’s Coach Stand for about 100 bendy buses to shuttle visitors to exhibition. These buses depart at 2 minutes interval and start at 8am
- Security are tightened, do travel light to speed up entry
- Organiser promised to set up better notice to guide visitors
Purchase your ticket early to avoid disappointment!