Hi Travel Buddies,
We are just into the second week of 2012 and we have read so much about top destinations 2012 from almost every travel authority, starting from Lonely Planet, ST Life Travel and there was a travel article on recommendations on places to travel for the next 12 months on Weekend Today yesterday.
ZUJI Singapore just shared with us the top holiday destinations over the last Christmas season 2011. We thought this travel trend maybe a good reference for all. We are quite surprise to see Laos in the top list. Do you know that this year is Visit Laos Year 2012? Flying there is faster now with the direct flights by Lao Airlines’ new thrice weekly from Singapore to the Capital Vientiane in about 3 hours.
|Christmas travel||Significant YOY Growth|
We will also like to share with you our dream travel destinations 2012. 🙂
1) London – There should no better time than this year to visit London because Summer Olympics will kick off on July 27. Expect a host of activities lined up for the biggest sports event of 2012. Visiting UK is also more affordable now with the cheaper pound.
2) Japan – One of the best time to visit Japan is during the Cherry Blossom Period any time from March to May. You better start booking now if you want to catch the cherry blossom in April!
3) Bhutan – Flying to the Himalayan Kingdom will be easier come May 2012 when Druk Air will launch a direct flight from Singapore to Paro, cutting travel time from 13 to 5 hours. Best time to go is between March to May or September to November. Click here to read why Bhutan Travel is expensive if you are planning to go.
4) Perth – We have been delaying our visit to Perth…If we do go this year, it must be Spring time, around September when the wild flowers are out!
5) Switzerland – We have always dreamed of backpacking and going around Europe for months one day and the awe-inspiring Matterhorn glacier in Switzerland will be our ‘must see’ place in Europe.
6) Iceland – The Land of Fire and Ice will be our most exotic dream travel destination in 2012. While June to August are the best months to visit, we anticipate it will be super peak. If we want to try our luck to see the Northern Lights or aurora borealis, then we will have to go during winter months, from October to March.
For us to complete all our dream destinations above, we will need very very deep pockets and time to explore, so it will most likely remain as our beautiful dream, haha. For now, we will be just happy to kick start our new year travel in Harbin! 🙂
Have you charted out your travel plans 2012? Remember, plan early and get ready your travel destinations for NATAS Fair 2012 in February to realise your dream destinations! Have fun travel 2012!