Hi Travel Buddies,
The New 7 Wonders Foundation announced the provisional New 7 Wonders of Nature after the first count of global vote results on 11/11/11 on its official website.
Listed in alphabetical order not in any rank or order, the provisional New 7 Wonders of Nature are:
1. The Amazon, famous for its Amazon Rain Forest and Amazon River in South America, spans across nine nations, namely Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela
2. Halong Bay in Quang Ninh province, Vietnam
3. Iguazu Falls at the border of Argentina and Brazil
4. Jeju Island, South Korea
5. Komodo, Indonesia
6. The Puerto Princesa Subterranean Underground River, Philippines
7. Table Mountain, South Africa
We are lucky that 4 out of 7 of the new provisional 7 wonders of nature are in Asia. 🙂
How many of the new provisional 7 wonders of nature you have been to?
Most of us can start the visit from the nearest to our country, being Komodo in Indonesia, follow by Halong Bay in Vietnam or the Puerto Princesa Subterranean Underground River in Philippines and then Jeju Island in Korea! 😛
The confirmed winners shall be officially announced in early 2012 during the Official Inauguration ceremonies.