Beyond the hustle and bustle of vibrant city life in Hong Kong Island and Kowloon, New Territories offers some of the most breathtaking landscapes and rural beauty to nature lovers.
* Ma Wan Park Noah’s Ark – The world’s only full-replica of Noah’s Ark. A great place for family to visit.
How to go? Take ferry to Park Island at Central Pier 2 (MTR Hong Kong Station Exit E1) or Tsuen Wan Ferry Pier (MTR Tsuen Wan West Station Exit D).
* City Art Square – a place to display world-class art pieces.
How to go? MTR Sha Tin Station Exit A, walk towards Sha Tin Town Hall.
* Ching Chung Koon (Tuen Mun) – a peaceful Taoist temple, contains many treasures, including lanterns from Beijing Imperial Palace.
How to go? MTR Siu Hong Station, take taxi or light rail 505 to Ching Chung Station.
* Ping Shan Heritage Trail (Yuen Long) – this km-long trail unveils some of the most interesting historical buildings in the Yuen Long District.
How to go? MTR Tin Shui Wai Station Exit E.
* Mai Po Wetlands (Yuen Long) – a place for much bird-watching activities, with more than 360 species of birds have been recorded, best time to visit is Spring and Autumn.
How to go? Take Bus 76 to MTR Sheung Shui Station to Mai Po Village and walk to WWF HK carpark for 20 minutes.
* Tai Fu Tai (Yuen Long) – one of the most beautifully decorated buildings in New Territories, built in the 19th century by a scholar who was bestowed the title Tai Fu by the Qing Emperor.
How to go? MTR Sheung Shui Station, take bus 76K and alight at San Tin near post office. Walk 5-10 minutes to Tai Fu Tai.
* Tsing Ma Bridge – the world’s longest road-and-rail suspension bridge (2.2km). The Lantau Link View Point and Visitors Centre provide the best views.
How to go? From MTR Tsing Yi Station Exit A1, take taxi or green minibus 308M.
* Fung Ying Seen Koon (Fanling) – a Taoist designed temple with distinctive orange double roof, located on a hillside overlooking the New Territories town of Fanling.
How to go? MTR Fanling Station.
* Lung Yeuk Tau Heritage Trail (Fanling) – following the trail will take walkers to see 11- century-old villages and watchtowers.
How to go? MTR Fanling Station, take green minibus 54K or taxi to Lung Yeuk Tau, and alight at Shung Him Tong.
* Lam Tsuen Wishing Tree/Tin Hau Temple (Tai Po) – a favourite place for locals to make their wishes. The nearby Tin Hau Temple was built during the Qing dynasty.
How to go? MTR Tai Wo Station and take taxi.
* Sai Kung Town/Sai Kung Promenade – a famous spot for seafood and wonderful views out over the bay to offshore islands.
How to go? MTR Hang Hau Station Exit B1 and take green minibus 101M or MTR Choi Hung Staton Exit C2 and take green minibus 1A to the Sai Kung town terminus.
* Hong Kong Wetland Park – Visitors can explore this 60-hectare Wetland Reserves without disturbing the environment.
How to go? MTR Tin Shui Wan Station Exit E, change to Light Rail 705 or 706 and get off at Wetland Park Station.