Hi Travel Buddies,
About Hong Kong and Macau
When China resumed sovereignty over Hong Kong and Macau in 1997 and 1999, they are reborned as Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China.
Hong Kong can basically be divided into 4 distinct areas:
* Hong Kong Island – commercial heart of Hong Kong, discover Hong Kong’s top tourist attractions, Victoria Peak, Ocean Park….
* Kowloon – the peninsula to the north of Hong Kong island, you can find some of the best museums, sights, hotels and shoppping starting from Tsim Sha Tsui
* New Territories – offers some of the most stunning landscape and hiking trails
* Outlying Islands – there are more than 200 idyllic islands to explore, just to name a few, Lamma, Lantau, Cheung Chau…
Macau is divided into 3 main parts:
* Macau Peninsula – unique mix of East meets West, churches, cathedrals and temples are common sights
* Taipa Island – the International Airport and top class hotels and resorts are here
* Coloane Island – rustic countryside and still remain very much a fishing village